Shortcode Texting Now Available at Betwext!
Announcing the NEW Betwext Shortcode!
Are you looking for SMS or MMS texting with a shortcode for your small business?
Betwext.com, The leading provider of long code texting services is announcing a new short code option for all texting plans!
I know some people are asking… What’s the difference between a long-code and a shortcode?
To put it simply, a long code is a normal length phone number (10 digits) for you to use sending and receiving text messages.
Short codes are simply a shorter code, 5 or 6 digits, for businesses to use to send and receive text messages.
Are there differences between the long and short code numbers?
Long codes are very cheap. Short codes are very expensive, often running $500 to $2,000 or more a month.
Long codes are often unique to the business, Short Codes are often shared with hundreds of other businesses.
Short codes are very fast, sending upwards of 100 messages a second. Long codes are slower sending around 1 message per second.
Often with Long codes, you get almost ANY keyword you want… with Shortcodes, you are limited in your keyword choices, and popular keywords are often claimed by other users.
If you’re only sending SMS messages, long codes can be a great way to go… if you want to send a lot of MMS messages (picture messages) you want to use a shortcode.
Put simply, sometimes a business should use long codes for their marketing messages… and other times, a business should use short codes.
Here’s the good news about long and shortcode text message marketing…
Betwext.com has you covered. If you want a long code, we still offer the industry leading long code marketing messaging platform. OR, if you want to use a shortcode… we can provide you a shared shortcode system!
Remember, whether you pick the shared Betwext Shortcode… or a unique and proprietary Betwext long code for your outbound test marketing efforts, we have you covered.
Oh, and if you don’t mind coughing up the up to $2,000 a month for your own proprietary short code, let us know… we can provision you a dedicated short code, that you don’t need to share, in just a few weeks.
Now that that’s out of the way, remember, regardless of your choice – long code or short code – every account comes with…
- The Lowest Messaging rates in the industry
- Easy to use list segmentation tools… so you can separate prospects from customers, VIP customers, employees, and vendors.
- Simplified message sending… if you can send an email, you can run a successful Text Marketing program with Betwext!
- Automated number collection capabilities… to make building your list easy.
- Messaging Scheduling… so you can preload as many messages as you want, and schedule them for future delivery.
- Message Drip Campaigns… so you can send a specific sequence of messages to your subscribers
- Automated link shortening… so your messages are as short as possible, and you can track click rates.
- The ability to tie your Betwext account into third party software using our Zappier integration.
- Free Access to the Betwext Smart Phone App… so you can access your account anytime, anywhere!
Why Use Text Message Marketing?
Regardless of whether you use a long code or short code, you’ll want to use text marketing as the backbone of your marketing efforts… Why?
Because text messages have an estimated read rate of between 94% and 97%…
Yes, that’s a stunning red rate for marketing messages – and explains why text marketing is so popular!